Friday, June 18, 2010

Rob shares his 'love advice' from his Dad, Richard, in Jay Leno Show

Robert Pattinson appeared on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" on Tuesday night, and the 'Twilight' star shared the advice that his dad gives him.

Pattinson, who ditched his usual casual look for a formal grey suit, brought his folks along to the show, and shared some of his correspondence with his father.

"My dad loves sending me emails, which I love, love getting," Pattinson told Leno. He proceeded to read an email that his dad had sent him, offering him romantic advice: "'Dear Rob, I've been thinking about gestures. And a good one in my opinion, is to kiss a lady's hand. It's very romantic and refined. Offer a hand, ostensibly to shake, and then the kiss. I impressed your mother that way.'"
 
Pattinson shared a second email, this time offering advice about refinement: "Dear Rob, I was thinking last night about Yves Montand, the great French actor, and I thought about his elegant way of acknowledging the audience at an Oscar ceremony, by gripping his wrist with one hand and raising both arms aloft, and how he was applauded for this gesture. I know I've mentioned it before, but the reason I was thinking about it was because I watched a program on TV featuring some current celebrities here and I was shocked by how vulgar they were."

Pattinson demonstrated the move to the audience to a round of applause.

When it comes to his dad's career advice, Rob said, "This is someone who claims he doesn't like watching films. His favorite film is 'Jaws.' That's pretty much the only film he's ever seen, and in fact when I first started doing 'Twilight,' he read the script and ... he was like, 'Well, I think it's kind of a mixture between 'Jaws,' and 'Superman.'"

And how do mom and dad feel about their son having done a nude scene in a previous film? Pattinson told Leno, "I think they were okay with it, I mean, they've seen it all before."

No comments:

Post a Comment