Friday, May 28, 2010

Author Dee Marie Says She'd Cast Rob in 'Sons of Avalon: Merlin’s Prophecy'

Excerpt from an interview with Dee Marie, discussing her novel "Sons of Avalon: Merlin's Prophecy." She chooses possible casting roles for Robert Pattinson and Tom Sturridge.

If this were to be made into a movie, who would you like to play the major roles?

I think every author ponders which Hollywood stars would best bring their characters to life. I did not have any specific actors in mind when I wrote the book. However, since its publication, I have been on a constant “talent search.” Now, when I watch a movie or television show, I scrutinize the cast for “possible” players in a movie version of Sons of Avalon: Merlin’sProphecy.

This is my current casting call, which is always subject to change, due to the fluctuation of new talented streaming into Hollywood, or simply my fickle whims.


Lot: Robert Pattinson (Twilight) …I took a giant leap-of-faith with my imaginary casting of Robert Pattinson, as Sir Lot. I had only seen him briefly (playing a small part in two of the Harry Potter films). However, with the prospects of his staring role in the movie Twilight (based on the popular novel with the same name, and my current obsession with the vampire series), I have a gut feeling that no one but Robert could portray misunderstood anti-hero Lot.

Meleagant: Tom Sturridge (Vanity Fair) …At first I considered him for the role of Nentres. Yet, For purely selfish reasons (after all this is my fantasy casting call), I would be interested in watching him take on the challenging role of young man on a spiral decent into insanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment